Cyber & hybrid security specialist
Kieren is a cybersecurity specialist, who specialises in Incident Response (CSIRT/CERT) and real-time cybersecurity simulations and live gathering exercises.
Prior to starting at Tallinn University of Technology (TalTech), Kieren was the Head of the Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) at the University of Cambridge. He was also the Chief Radio (CIS) Supervisor & a Battlewatch Captain for Standing NATO Maritime Group One, with the Royal Norwegian Navy on operations in the Gulf of Aden, mitigating the pirate threat.
He was in the Royal Navy as a Communications and IT Specialist for twelve years, serving on Nuclear Submarines, Mine Hunters, and Patrol vessels, before he left on new adventures.
He is currently working with the following organisations
- Head of TalTech CERT
- Exercise NEPTUNE (A Maritime OSINT and Realtime Cybersecurity exercise)
- Exercise MERCURY (A joint project with JISC to improve Cybersecurity within the European University sector)
- Private companies for cyber exercise incident response
University of Cambridge (Pembroke & King's Summer Programme)
- OSINT & Social Engineering exercise and education programme
- Masters Programme (Incident Response) module
- Startup cybernorth - inhouse Mentor
- Private hybrid and cybersecurity consulting